Have a special talent? Casey's is currently working to assign specific tasks to people with the skills and experience to help us maximize the very valuable hours that our volunteers give us. Here are just a few of the different roles we have available for our volunteers:
- Leaders: This is the person who leads the horse for our assisted riders. Horse experience is preferred, but not necessary.
- Side Walkers: The side walkers assist in putting the assisted riders on and off the horse, and then walk on either side of the rider throughout the lesson, sometimes physically assisting the rider to balance.
- Journalist/writers: One of the most important factors with keeping Casey's in the black is handled by publishing a newsletter, creating email news releases, soliciting publications for donated space or receptivity to including articles relating to Casey's events and news, helping with Volunteer, rider, sponsor and donor communications, etc. We are very much in need of help in this area. We also are very busy researching grant opportunities and writing grants and can always use assistance in this area.
- Photographers/videographers: We are always in need of good quality photographs and video of our events, lessons and riders. Video editing capability is a plus!
- Administration: Whether you are an obsessive-compulsive organizer or just someone who would like to help and takes good direction, we always have a need for help in our offices for fundraising and Grant proposals!
- Maintenance: Love to landscape or garden? Like to build things? Have some mechanical abilities and no place to use them? Tell us what you love to do and we’ll find a pairing for you! We have lawn tractors, lawnmowers that need maintaining and grass to mow, pastures to drag, flower beds to maintain and landscaping that needs TLC.
- Jack-of-all-trades: Have a skill we haven’t mentioned, but think you might be able to spare an hour a week or so? Send us an email or give us a call at 727 645-2819 and let’s brainstorm!